This 2-year program takes a board certified/eligible emergency physician and provides him or her with the tools needed to advance globally inspired health care with an emphasis in systems development and capacity building both at HCMC and abroad. The fellow will complete a Masters level degree, with training in Tropical Medicine and Parasitology, Disaster Medicine, and Ultrasound. Fellows ultimately spend >3 months abroad working on health systems development at an established location or one of their choice. During this 2-year period, the fellow will work clinically, teach, and lecture both at home and abroad aiming for a bi-directional transfer of knowledge.
• EM, EM/IM or PEM Residency Trained
• American Board of EM eligible or certified
• Open for Applications Aug 1st
• Interviews on a rolling basis
• Deadline Dec 31st (exceptions may be accommodated)
• “No Offer Date” Nov 10 (we will not make any offers until Nov 10th in accordance with Fellowship Consortium guidelines)
Components of the Application:
• Applicant Information Form (Please contact us for more detail)
• CV (Please contact us for more detail)
• Personal Statement (Please contact us for more detail)
• 3 Letters of Support (sent from the author directly via email)
– One from your current Program Director if in residency, or Clinical Chief if in practice.
– One commenting on your clinical skills
• Telephone or Skype question and answer session
• In person interview at HCMC (this is required given that you will be a teaching faculty at HCMC)